- BRASS (BSB) - British Standard Brass
- Brass tubing has a uniform wall thickness, irrespective of the tube diameter, therefore any thread cut on, or in, it needs to have the same depth, so 26 TPI is standard on all BSB diameters.
- BSB is often confused with BS Cycle thread, the difference being that brass thread has an angle of 55° whereas Cycle is 60°.
- BOTTOMING TAPS have a lead of two threads and are used to ensure minimum thread run-out when tapping to the bottom of a blind hole.
- Bottoming Taps are typically preceded by the use of a Taper or Intermediate Tap.
- Manufactured from HSS this general purpose tap is designed for use in medium tensile materials and is for hand or general machine use.
|Overall Length||80 mm|
|Tapping Drill||8.5 mm|