Now you can accurately check your tyre pressure at a glance, by simply replacing the standard dust cap on your tyres with Tyrecheckers® mechanical tyre pressure indicators.
Suitable for any motorcycle with tyre pressure between 28psi and 120psi and priced at $20 (2 pack), they are a cheap and effective way to monitor your tyre pressure.
Anti-Theft device included.
How do Tyrecheckers® Mechanical Tyre Pressure Indicators work?
Tyrecheckers® operate on a simple spring pressure system manufactured to specific tolerances.
When the tyre is correctly inflated, the Tyrechecker is all green. If the tyre pressure drops by 10 – 15% (e.g. 30psi x 10% = 3.0psi) the green indicator is replaced by an amber indicator, giving a warning that the tyre pressure is reducing. If there is a 15 – 25% reduction (e.g. 30psi x 20% = 6psi) in tyre pressure then a red indicator becomes clearly visible, giving a clear warning that the tyre pressure is now dangerously low and needs to be inflated.
How to Fit – Tyrecheckers® simply replace the dust cap on your tyre valve.
- Select Tyrecheckers® to match your vehicle’s recommended tyre pressure. (Tyre pressure information is usually found on the tyre placard (attached to the inside of the drivers door), on the petrol cap flap, on the glove box door, or in the vehicles owner manual.
- Remove the dust cap on your tyre valve & inflate tyre to correct pressure specified.
- Screw lock nut to the bottom of the tyrevalve (before you attach Tyrechecker).
- Fit Tyrecheckers to the valve stem, finger tight.
- Use the spanner provided to tighten the lock nut back against the tyrechecker.
- The indicators showing GREEN will confirm correct tyre pressure.
- Keep the spanner on your key-ring or in your vehicle.
After fitting tyrecheckers to motorcycle wheels that have valve stems at 90 degrees to the rim i.e. horizontal or right angled valve stems, owners are advised to rotate each wheel SLOWLY a full 360 degrees to ensure adequate clearance exists between the top of the Tyrechecker and swingarms (frame of motorcycle) and brake calipers. This step is particularly important for owners of motorcycles with single-sided swingarms e.g. Triumph Sprint ST, Honda VFR800 and Harley Davidson Softail, Electra Glide & Road King Classic models. A clearance problem may be solved by fitting normal valve stems (verticle stems) or shorter than standard tyre valve stems when new tyres are fitted.
Suitable for any light vehicle with tyre pressure between 28psi and 120psi including:
- Delivery Vans
- Motorised Scooters
|Type||Tyre and Wheel Accessories|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other tools.com users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.