- MC - Metric Fine
- Angle of thread is 60 degrees.
- The crest is flat and the thread has clearance at the root allowing external thread and internal thread to engage well.
- Larger root radius and lower thread height enable easy screw thread processing and increase thread screw strength.
- The major diameter of external thread and pitch are specified by a simple numerical value (most commonly measured in millimetres).
- Spiral Point Taps are used for machine tapping blind and through holes where there is sufficient clearance to accommodate chips.
- Manufactured from HSS-Co5, this modern design tap uses straight flutes supplemented by angular cutting faces at the point to produce a fine finish on the threads.
- Shallower flutes achieve a stronger cross section allowing the tap to withstand greater cutting forces.
|Overall Length||69 mm|
|Tapping Drill||7.1 mm|