- Flap wheels are ideal for stock removal, deburring, cleaning, blending and finishing in a variety of applications, including stainless steel pipe fabrication and stainless steel vessels.
- A flap wheel is an abrasive wheel made from abrasive strips (flaps) radiating from a center hub. Bordo flap wheels come in many different diameters, widths and grits. The outside diameter of the wheel can range from 30 mm to 80 mm.
- Bordo flap wheels use Aluminium Oxide (Al2O3) as the abrasive material which is bonded to the strips of the wheel. Aluminium oxide is a fused, hard synthetic crystalline abrasive.
- Within the abrasive compound the Aluminium and Oxygen elements are held very close together causing these two relatively light elements to make a hard, dense crystal.
- On the MOHS scale of hardness Aluminium Oxide is 9.0. This hard crystal structure has a tendency to slowly dull or round and is hard to fracture.