- Fixed blades require no adjustments to do a wide range of cable types
- Provides a ¼” x ¼” industry standard coax strip (gray cartridge)
- Works on RG-59/RG-59 Plenum/RG-6/RG-6 Plenum/RG-6 Quad/RG-6 Quad Plenum
- Fixed blade depth, replaceable cartridges available
- Also strips UTP/STP Cat 5e/ Cat 6 (blue cartridge)
The PrepPRO™ combination Coax/UTP prep tool strips a wide range of coaxial cable types with no adjustments or settings required to the tool. The PrepPRO™ can strip RG-59 and RG-6 in regular, quad, and all plenum versions without adjusting anything on the tool. No need to adjust blade depths or tool settings. Factory preset for immediate out-of package use.\n The PrepPRO™ gray coax cartridge has 2 fixed blades, including a new notched blade, to provide an industry standard ¼” x ¼” cable prep, which leaves ¼” of conductor exposed and leaves ¼” of shielding exposed. This is the standard required strip length for all IDEAL compression, crimp on, and twist on connectors.
A second blue cartridge is included for UTP/twisted pair cable stripping. The single blade cartridge can be used to strip the jacket of Cat 5e/6 cables.
Rotate the PrepPRO™ around the jacket 3-5 times for coax and only once for twisted pair cables.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other tools.com users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.