Bordo 1" x 12 HSS Cobalt UNF Spiral Flute Tap 3234-1
- UNF - Unified National Fine
- This thread form was introduced in 1948 as an attempt to standardise thread forms in the USA, Canada and the UK.
- The thread profile of UNC is the same as for metric threads and is described in the JIS B0206 standard.
- The thread is described by its major diameter and the number of threads per inch of length (TPI).
- When used on external threads this series has greater tensile stress area than coarse threads of the same size.
- Fine series threads will resist stripping out better than coarse threads in areas where the external and mating internal threads are subjected to loads equal to or greater than the capacity of the screw or bolt.
- Fine threads are also used where the length of engagement is limited 1-1/4 or where wall thickness demands a fine pitch.
- Spiral Flute Taps are used for machine tapping in all blind hole applications, especially in soft metals that produce long stringy swarf such as aluminium, copper and magnesium.
- Manufactured from HSS-Co5, this modern design tap uses the shear action provided by the spiral flutes to draw the swarf out of the hole which minimises swarf clogging when tapping deeper holes.
|Overall Length||120 mm|
|Tapping Drill||23.5 mm|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other tools.com users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.