- 135° Split Point (crankshaft point) - Split point is self centering and the short distance from the drill axis to the outer corners results in faster penetration, reducing the need for end thrust.
- The 135° point should be used to cut harder steel materials especially in deep hole applications.
- In these situations it will produce thicker chips minimising work hardening of the cavity.
- Faster penetration reduces abrasion and friction along the cutting edges.
- Cobalt HSS jobber drills are extremely hard and provide superior performance and increased tool life especially in stainless steel and high tensile steel.
- DRILL BIT SURFACE TREATMENT - Bronze Finish (gold oxide). The metallic brown coloured low temperature temper treatment is normally only used on cobalt tools for identification purposes.
|Sizes||1/16 - 1/4"|