- Angle of thread is 60 degrees.
- The crest is flat and the thread has clearance at the root allowing external thread and internal thread to engage well.
- Larger root radius and lower thread height enable easy screw thread processing and increase thread screw strength.
- The major diameter of external thread and pitch are specified by a simple numerical value (most commonly measured in millimetres).
- TAPER TAPS have a lead of eight threads and are used as a starting tap in difficult or high precision holes.
- Manufactured from HSS this general purpose tap is designed for use in medium tensile materials and is for hand or general machine use.
- INTERMEDIATE TAPS have a lead of four threads and are used in most general purpose applications to cut a thread true to a pre-drilled pilot hole.
- BOTTOMING TAPS have a lead of two threads and are used to ensure minimum thread run-out when tapping to the bottom of a blind hole.
- Bottoming Taps are typically preceded by the use of a Taper or Intermediate Tap.
|Overall Length||90 mm|
|Tapping Drill||13 mm|