- 3/16" x 24 BSW Bottoming HSS Tap
- HSS BSW Bottoming Hand and Machine Tap.
- British Standard Whitworth has a thread angle of 55 degrees as opposed to 60 degrees in Metric and Unified threads.
- This thread form was developed by Sir Joseph Whitworth in 1841.
- The thread form has rounded roots and crests and is specified in BS84:1956.
- Bottoming Taps have a lead of two threads and are used to ensure minimum thread run-out when tapping to the bottom of a blind hole.
- Bottoming Taps are typically preceded by the use of a Taper or Intermediate Tap.
- Manufactured from HSS this general purpose tap is designed for use in medium tensile materials and is for hand or general machine use.
|Drill Diameter (mm)||3.7|
|Overall Length (mm)||58|