- Also referred to as Double Cut Burrs, Express Cut Burrs are general purpose burrs designed for rapid stock removal and improved operator control.
- Chip size is reduced and lower tool speeds can be used compared with standard cut burrs.
- It may be necessary to alter the running speeds from those shown in the speed chart in order to achieve optimum performance
- Harder materials require slower running speeds
- Smaller burrs require faster running speeds
- Long shank burrs require slower speeds for safety reasons
- Apply constant movement and light pressure when using the burr
- Running below the optimum speed will cause chipping
- Running above optimum speed will cause premature tooth wear
- Allowing the burr to become too hot may cause the braze to soften, and cause the head to become detached from the shank
- Using tools and collets which have become worn will cause chipping
- Do not sink the burr for more than one third of its periphery