We cannot guarantee that your order will arrive before Christmas
- 8 Gauge Bright HSS Twist
- Bordo Wire Gauge Quick Silver M2-HSS Twist Drills.
- 118º Split Point (crankshaft point).
- Split point is self centering and reduces the need for end thrust. Friction at workpiece is reduced.
- 118º point angles are ideal for use in materials such as mild steel and cast iron.
- The 118º point creates easily controlled chips which are wide and thin.
- Bright Finish Twist Drills have no surface treatment and are supplied in the as-ground condition.
- These tools are suitable for general purpose use, particularly for non-ferrous applications.
- Gauge size drill calculations are generally made utilising a reference book or table.
- For example, to drill a hole which is 10 thou (thousandth of an inch = .001) bigger than a 1/8? bolt, the user must first work out that 1/8? is 125 thou, so the required hole size is 135 thou. Using a reference table establishes that you would need a number 29.
- Number drill bit gauge sizes are analogous to, but different from, American wire gauge.
- Number gauge is most commonly used from size 80 (the smallest) to size 1 (the largest) followed by letter gauge size A (the smallest) to size Z (the largest).
- Number gauge is actually defined down to size 97, but these smallest sizes are very rarely used.
|Flute Length (inch)||2-7/16|
|Overall Length (inch)||3-5/8|